Conveniently located between Calgary International Airport and downtown Calgary, Sheraton Cavalier Calgary is one of the best Calgary family hotels. Our hotel offers relaxing family accommodations, palate-pleasing dining options and fun on-property activities that will excite kids of all ages.
Scroll down to learn more about what makes our hotel the perfect getaway for your next family staycation or vacation.
Family Friendly Accommodations
For the perfect family retreat, book a Queen Suite or Executive Suite. Your family will love the added space of a living area with a pullout sofa. Feel like VIPs with access to our exclusive Club Lounge, which offers daily complimentary breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres and panoramic views of the Calgary skyline and the Rocky Mountains.
Enjoy complimentary access to 3,000 square feet of wet fun for kids and adults of all ages at Oasis River Country Water Park, located right inside our hotel! The Water Park features: two 250-ft water slides, large main pool, kiddie pool, two relaxing hot tubs, whirlpools and sauna.
- Hours: Open 7 days a week, 9:00am - 10:00pm
Guest Notice: Oasis River Country Calgary Water Park will be closed for annual maintenance and re-fresh, January 2-12, 2017. The water park will reopen on January 12 at 6pm. Please contact the hotel for further information.
PJs and Pancakes
Join us for “PJs and Pancakes” on Saturdays and Sundays.
Each child wearing Pajamas will receive a special toy. Our made-to-order Pancake Bar features your choice of Buttermilk, Blueberry, Banana or Multigrain pancakes – or mix them up, then add your choice of a unique selection of toppings. Also included: ham, sausage, fresh fruits, a variety of baked goods and a cold cereal selection.
Adults - $16.95
Children 12 yrs and under - $8.95
All prices subject to 5% GST and do not include gratuity.
Family Travel Features
Sheraton Cavalier Calgary offers convenient accommodations for all your family travel needs:
- Complimentary Parking
- Cribs available on request
- Easy access to Deerfoot Trail/Highway 2, Highway 1 (Transcanada highway) and all areas of Calgary
- Pet-Friendly Hotel
- Express Stop Sundry Shop on-site for last minute needs
Our hotel is conveniently located near Calgary's most popular family attractions, including:
- Calgary Zoo – 8km SW – 13 mins drive
- Calaway Park – 28km W – 35 mins drive
- Telus Spark Science Centre – 8km SW – 13 mins drive
- Chuck E. Cheese's – 1.5 km SE – 3 mins drive
- Sunridge Spectrum Theatres – 1.5 km SE – 3 mins drive
- Sunridge Mall - 1.5 km SE – 3 mins drive
- Cross Iron Mills Shopping and Outlet Mall – 16.5km N – 20 mins drive
- Silver City at Cross Iron Mills Theatres – 16.5km N – 20 mins drive
- Heritage Park Historical Village – 21km SW – 22mins drive
- Costco Wholesale - 2853 32 Street Northeast – 1.1km E – 3 mins drive
- Ikea – 16km SE – 16 mins drive
- Calgary Stampede – 10km – 16 mins drive
- Scotiabank Saddledome – 10km – 16 mins drive
*All drive times under average traffic conditions and provided as an estimate to assist in your trip planning.
Explore Calgary’s Family Fun and Shopping Hot Spots
Special Family Offers
Calgary Zoo Family Package
Explore the Calgary Zoo! Get up close to creatures big and small, from gigantic rhinos to cuddly red pandas and majestic emporer penguins. With rates from $193 per night, your Calgary Zoo package includes:
- One night traditional accommodation
- Passes to the Calgary Zoo for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)*
- Full access to Oasis Water Park, Calgary’s largest indoor hotel water park
- Complimentary hotel parking
*Passes are General Admission and do not include access to ILLUMINASIA, Zoolights or other special events.
BOOK ONLINE, or call 1-866-716-8134 and mention rate code PACKZOO to reserve your stay today.